About the Role
The Preschool Aide would be required to assist in planning curriculum to implement each week. Preparation and implementation of curriculum will be necessary. The curriculum should focus on but not be limited to:
1. Assist in creating develop plans with Lead Preschool Teacher.
2. Preparation of all activities for the day and assist in helping Lead Teacher.
3. Work with children, staff, and the director to ensure that the children’s needs are best met during
Above all job duties, keeping the children safe is the most important responsibility of the day. Below is a list of job duties that should be completed every day:
1. Create and maintain a fun and interactive learning experience.
2. Ensure the daily care of every child by following all licensing guidelines and all LE3 standards.
3. Assist in creating lessons and completed prep work for the curriculum.
4. Assist in lesson implementation, bathroom routines, snack/lunch, maintaining a clean and safe
5. Complete daily paperwork for children while following New York State OCFS regulations.
6. Develop and maintain positive and professional relationship with parents.
1. CPR/First Aid: all employees must obtain these certifications within their first 30 days of
2. Must be able to complete all OCFS paperwork regulated by NYS standard
3. Attend all mandatory LE3 trainings.
Qualifications: The Preschool Aide must have:
Associates degree in Child Development, Elementary Education, Physical Education, Recreation or a related field preferred
A High School Diploma, or its equivalent
OR One-year experience working with children less than 13 years of age