About the Role
When the children have completed their academic time, they will partake in activities that allow them to explore creative, hands-on, and athletic outlets. The Activity Coordinator is responsible to but not limited to:
1. Implement the planned activities with the children.
2. If asked by manager, help plan and implement activities related to the weekly or monthly themes.
3. Encourage a positive, motivating, and academic environment.
4. Conduct and coach children through various problem-solving situations.
5. Provide direct competent supervision of the children at all times.
Above all job duties, keeping the children safe is the most important responsibility of the day. Below is a list of job duties that should be completed every day:
1. Check the program spaces to ensure they meet all safety measures.
2. Assist the Program Manager in helping set up the program/prep crafts for the day.
3. Actively engage with the children throughout all activities planned (including homework time,
gym time, and creative crafts).
4. Communicate with Program Manager regarding any behavioral/social issues that need to be
addressed with parents.
5. Provide basic first aid to children who need it.
6. Participate in daily opening/closing duties.
There are trainings that each activity coordinator must obtain.
1. CPR/First Aid: each employee must obtain these certifications within the first 60 days of their
employment (will be paid for by LE3 Inc.).
2. VIRTUS Training: must be completed if employment with LE3 is in a Catholic School.
3. Attend all mandatory trainings/workshops conducted by LE3 Inc. throughout the year.
Qualifications: Activity Coordinators must have the following experience:
A minimum of a High School Diploma/GED.
Bachelor’s Degree in education or currently working towards, preferred.
Experience working in childcare, with children, and/or in an educational setting.
Strong customer service and/or previous work experiences.
A positive and optimistic demeanor while working with children.